- Washington, DC
- Education, Grants & Fellowships, Security
- Washington, United States
The Foreign Area Officer Regional Skill Sustainment Initiative (henceforth “the Initiative”) is seeking to hire a Full or Part-time Associate Director on a one-year contract, to begin as early as November 2020. The position is renewable for another nine months, contingent upon performance.
The Associate Director will hold the title “Visiting Professor of International Affairs” at the George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs. The Associate Director will spend 100% of their time on the Initiative.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Director will be expected to:
1. Assist the Director with writing seven 12-session syllabi per year.
2. Assist the Director by drawing on their policy and academic networks to secure appropriate speakers for the courses.
3. Assist the Director with preparing 7 simulation exercises.
4. Assist in the teaching of these courses in the Continental United States and Abroad.
5. Assist the Director with interacting with multiple stakeholders.
6. Assist with the writing of After-Action Reports.
7. Assist the Director with budget work and all aspects of program administration.
8. Assist the Director with managing the program’s two Program Coordinators.
9. Assist with the creation of a quarterly newsletter to program alumni.
10. Participate in new initiatives as required.
11. Discharge other duties as required.
1. A completed PhD in a relevant field.
2. A keen interest in and knowledge about U.S. defense and foreign policy.
3. Broad knowledge of international affairs and regional issues.
4. Experience of teaching at University level.
5. Demonstration of successful teamwork.
6. Availability for domestic and international travel.
To apply, submit an online application at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/77629 and upload a CV and cover letter. Review of applications will begin October 28, 2020 and continue until position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
More search results
AVP Risk Analytics
Director, Tax Risk Management
Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
Maintenance Programs Analyst for Worldwide Aviati…
Worldwide Aviation Support Services
Special Education Teacher Job- New Bedford, MA