Social Media and Audience Development Editor
Founded in 1922, Foreign Affairs is the preeminent publication on international affairs and U.S. foreign policy. It is published by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), which is a leading independent, nonprofit membership organization and think tank dedicated to producing and disseminating foreign policy ideas.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced team dedicated to publishing expert analysis of current events. The Social Media and Audience Development Editor will be responsible for maintaining Foreign Affairs’ social media presence and assisting with the curation and production of email newsletters and other editorial products. The ideal candidate will combine a strong knowledge of international affairs with sharp writing skills, close attention to detail, and a keen interest in helping Foreign Affairs articles find an audience.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Writing and scheduling posts on Foreign Affairs’ institutional social media accounts
- Managing the production of daily and weekly email newsletters
- Assisting with the creation of edited collections and events
- Updating and optimizing SEO for current and archival articles
- Using analytics to inform social media strategy
- A minimum of one year of related journalism experience
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, with high academic achievement
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to translate in-depth stories into social media posts
- Prior experience managing institutional social media accounts, specifically Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- The ability to work efficiently on multiple tasks on deadline, and to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with visual media preferred
- Experience with web analytics and ESP platforms preferred
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Similar searches: Non-Profit/NGO
More search results
Chief Operating Officer
Editorial Fellowship - Lifestyle
Editorial Fellowship - Trends & Current Events
Pipeline Safety Analyst - Utility and Energy Anal…
State of Oregon
Loan Support Analyst - Covenant Administration - …
PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.