Program Associate, Meetings
The Program Associate will be a member of the Meetings Program, which brings major international and domestic officials, thought leaders, and others together with CFR members over the course of more than 120 meetings each year.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and researching ideas for the substance of CFR meetings, including relevant topics, potential speakers, and intellectual structure of events on U.S. foreign policy, international economics, and other related issues.
- Coordinating meetings, including drafting meeting announcements, speaker and presider invitations, maintaining database of event information, audience development, posting meeting information and related readings on the CFR member website.
- Staffing meetings to oversee or assist with logistics, and working closely with CFR's other departments. While meetings are virtual, also acting as operator on Zoom.
- Acting as a liaison between CFR and the presiders and speakers for events, including providing all the necessary details for each meeting such as room set-up, discussion format, and registered attendees.
- Handling post-event follow up work, including writing thank-you letters to speakers and presiders, and processing vouchers.
- Communicating professionally with CFR members, visitors, media, and staff; by phone, email, and in person.
- Performing administrative duties as needed for departmental functions.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations or a related field with high academic achievement
- Knowledge of current foreign policy issues, ongoing debates, and structures of U.S. and international policymaking
- A minimum of two years related experience, including event planning.
- Self-starter with excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Strong research skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing ability
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management
- Ability to work flexible hours (many events are held over breakfast or in the evening)
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Similar searches: Non-Profit/NGO
More search results
The Hershey Company
Senior Director, Analyst - Program and Portfolio …
Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights