The Event Manager will provide support to the Event Operations and team based out of the New York office.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide support on a variety of new and existing projects and challenges that come up including budgeting, marketing, client relations, Council event execution, and public space upkeep and maintenence.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage event logistics, including timelines, menu planning, room setups, audio visual needs and serve as the day of event planner for events in person, virtually, and hybrid.
- Serve as the day of event manager for a variety of events including early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
- Ensure that all event leads are accommodated including managing scheduling, logistics, set-up, day of planning and event execution, and post event duties.
- Manage the audio visual and logistics for virtual events including operating events, creating virtual events, ensuring proper details are captured and running the event from start to finish.
- Work closely on ensuring proper production, audio visual service is leveraged and executed.
- Provide and uphold a courteous, positive, professional and cooperative attitude with the staff, vendors and guests.
- Degree in hospitality, event management, communications or marketing preferred but not required
- 3 or more years related experience; hotel/banquet, catering and/or corporate event experience strongly preferred
- Strong administrative experience including the ability to manage multiple priorities on deadline
- Outstanding customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- As this role is designated as essential personnel, the availability to work flexible hours upon request, including early mornings, late evenings, and during periods of inclement weather is required
- Ability to lift tables and chairs when needed for last minute setup changes
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Similar searches: Non-Profit/NGO
More search results
Chief Operating Officer
Analyst II/Senior Analyst - Public Affairs
Military Fellowship - Member Communications Analy…
Marketing Analyst, B2B
Gannett Co. Inc.
Solar Data Analyst